Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I have been at my parents' since the 1st of October. I was half-relieved to return because of all the wahala back in Lagos but I knew I was in for such a turbulent time. My mum had an unfortunate car accident a few days before.

So being here has not been easy for my diet and exercise. The thing is there are so many triggers in my parents' area for me. For one of course they do not cook as healthily as I have started doing, secondly there's just so much to eat, and thirdly I am still fighting with the negativity that is arising as a result of the debt I am in and the problems I am facing. I even went back to old habits of late night eating and drinking coke. Because of this I was going to write a post about how I have to get back on track and blah, blah, blah. But after reading through several posts on Nelly's blog I have decided to encourage myself.

Despite the fact that I have been cheating and eating wrong, I have seen the changes that exercise has made on me.

My clothes are looser. No more tight dresses with my big tummy pushing out! Even with the jumpsuit that I hate! I can actually zip up my tracksuit jacket and the arms aren't tight.

I have more energy to play with my daughter. I race her to the car, play ball with her. It's amazing and I know she loves it.

My face looks slightly slimmer

When I exercise I sleep better, no snoring

Now I am looking forward to

Wearing that orange dress in the closet
A dramatic shift on the scale in the hospital
Wearing my two shorts in the wardrobe

I will pick myself up- no- I hereby pick myself up and return to my healthy meals. I turn a blind eye to whatever my failures have been before today.

I will succeed

No comments:

Post a Comment