Monday, April 6, 2009

Retraction!

You know, I never did anything to the settings on this blog, so I never realised that people were commenting on my blog. I started this blog as a way to hold myself accountable for the successes and otherwise, of my weight and diet journey, and I never imagined that anyone would give two hoots about it, considering the boring menu options. Imagine my surprise today, when I saw several comments from some of my favourite bloggers. Thank you Pam, Uzezi, anonymous gal and Solomonsydelle for visiting.

It occured to me, at some point, that someone, or some people, would be concerned about the time I ate 'breakfast', or how much I ate, but I assumed that if that person did they would ask a question. Apparently, 'they' , or rather Pam did, and I never saw it. So here's the explanation.

For the past 3 months I have not slept earlier than 3.30am. (Mostly, it's by 4 or 4.30 or 5am, but if it's too early it will be 3.30.) The reason is that, in recuperating from my ankle injury , and staying home all day, I had to find all sorts of interesting ways to entertain myself and keep busy. (Moreover, a few things were constantly on my mind, and those kept me up and thinking- but that's a discussion for grey matters and not for this blog.) As a result, the routine that keeps me up till the wee hours includes reading, writing, studying a language and watching TV. Now, I know it may seem that if I sleep by 4 or 3, I should be up by 8 or thereabouts, but I see no reason to, and my body does need its 8 hours or more. And when I wake up, I don't just jump out of bed, I take time to meditate on my day, the mood I desire to be in, and the things I intend to achieve. Also, because I am living this extremely sedentary lifestyle, for now, I have to limit my food intake seriously, hence the small meals.

So, Pam, I know it is wrong to eat breakfast late. As a matter of fact, for anyone who is serious about checking their consumption of food, it is tantamount to sabotaging yourself. It's just that the saying' whenever you wake up is your morning', is a little more than a saying to me. LOL. And I try to get something to eat within 2 hours of my waking up.

Anyway, I'm back. I've sorted out the issues - no, I've learnt to understand the issues - and I'm ploughing right on. Here's my log for today.

1.45pm
100 Skips

2.30pm
oatmeal
1 apple

4pm
Eba (fist size)
egusi soup
1 chicken breast

6.30pm
1 apple, 2 bananas

I ate the meals so close to each other because my craving was for egusi soup all of last week, no thanks to the celebrity chef, but I couldn't wait for the soup to be ready, so I had breakfast first.

It feels good to be back (on track).

Chili!

1 comment:

  1. ah! its all clear to me now.
    ...you may continue.

    Love
    aunty pam

    ReplyDelete