Friday, July 18, 2014

Race For Life

I was so proud of myself yesterday. I had been up all night as usual (I have this thing these days where I fall asleep after dinner and wake up by about 11 or 12 pm and stay up till about 7; I usually write during this a insomniac period.) and when it was dawn I began to feel sleepy. It did not help that it was raining. I knew I had to get my workout done but the last thing I wanted was to use a dvd. It had occurred to me to jump rope but the rain was a problem... The bed was looking and feeling so attractive

  I decided to dress up in my workout gear as the first step towards getting off my butt. ( I love being in my workout gear and exercising. First of all I always try to pick out smart, attractive gear and shoes. And all that makes me feel strong and sexy when I work out. I think that is part of why I like working out because I have little opportunity to feel sexy otherwise, these days. After that I decided to brave it outside and see if I could skip on the ground in front of my house, if it wasn't slippery. I could and so I did a bit of skipping for about 10 minutes. this encouraged me to go for a run. I remembered that I had a waterproof parka I had bought on one of my journeys  so I wore that over my gear and went for a run, I was quite impressed that I had done about an hour and I didn't even know until I looked at my iPod. I came back home and did some lower body workouts with weights before my body decided it was done.

The body is capable of so much, we just have to tame the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment